7 August 2014

My Girl and I (South Korea, 2005)

Beautiful student Su-Eun prevents her fellow student Su-Ho to drown in the ocean. Su-Ho however, does not know who saved him, until Su-Eun tells him after a while. The love between them starts to grow, seemingly infinite. But then something terrible happens.

My Girl and I is, yes you guessed it, another Korean romance/melodrama that wants you to bawl your eyes out so bad. While I wasn't exactly moved to tears, the film definitely had a certain charm and a heart in the right place. You might recognize the guy in one of the lead roles from My Sassy Girl (2001) or Speed Scandal (2008), he's always doing a good job at balancing the funny and quirky side with the more serious one. 

This film I think would have been a lot better if you hadn't been told how the love story will end early on, but aside from that it's a good love story with lots of warmth, smiles and emotions.



Genre: Drama/Romance

No comments:

Post a Comment